Nottingham Road is situated in the heart of the beautiful KwaZulu Natal Midlands and is the center of the Midlands Meander. Great hospitality, amazing scenery and friendly locals is what awaits visitors to this interesting little town. Easily reached from the N3 National roadway between Johannesburg and Durban, Nottingham Road is also used as a stopover en-route to the Drakensberg.
The area is dotted with fly-fishing dams and an ordered beauty that has earned the area its place in the heart of the Midlands Meander – an eclectic mix of arts and crafts, restaurants, and a wide range of sporting, environmental and historical pursuits that was originally created to attract visitors off the beaten track.
There are quaint little taverns, historic landmarks, stud farms and sheep farms dating back to pioneering days, so much for visitors to do and see. Nottingham Road plays host to a number of events during the year including polo matches. Trout fishing is also a big past time for locals and visitors with well-stocked waters of different breeds of trout, for fly-fishing enthusiasts.
Activities and attractions in Nottingham Road
- Piggly Wiggly – Support local businesses and pick up something handmade to take home at Piggly Wiggly Country Village with restaurants, wine tasting, candle making, ceramics, wood craft and lots of other arts and craft.
- Fordoun Spa – Indulge yourself in a pampering spa experience.
- Culamoya Chimes -located in Lidgetton near to Nottingham Road offers the most interesting selection of wind chimes anywhere. Just to see them is worth a visit.
- Nottingham Road Brewing Co. This micro brewery serves as a small brewery in the center of the Midlands Meander with a wide selection of beers.
- Chocolate Heaven – Delve deep into the world of chocolate making and tasting at Chocolate Heaven.