Nambiti Game Reserve is located in KwaZulu-Natal on 23 000 magnificent acres near the town of Ladysmith, conveniently close to Johannesburg/Pretoria (3.5-4 hours) and Durban (2.5 hours). Nambiti Game Reserve is also close to the renowned KwaZulu-Natal battlefields, a major attraction of this region. One of the major drawcards is that Nambiti is the only big 5 game reseve in Kwazulu Natal that is malaria-free. This meaning that guests don’t have to take medication before visiting.
This reserve boasts the attractions of the Big 5, the only one in the area to do so, and Nambiti’s biodiversity (it encompasses grasslands, riverine bush, savannah and thornveld) ensures a thrilling and unprecedented diversity of game (there are many more game species besides the big 5) and Nambiti is a birders paradise.
Why Nambiti Game Reserve
- Nambiti provides diversity in it’s wildlife, ecosystems, Lodges and people. This provides a visitor with a all-embracing safari experience within one reserve.
- Its an authentic African safari experience. You never know what’s around the next corner or behind the next bush… A visit to Nambiti is a real safari experience where you get to witness wildlife in its natural habitat.
- Its situated in a malaria-free zone, which means there’s no need for you to take malaria medication before, during or after your stay.
- Visit only game reserve in the area with all the Big 5 as well as over 40 other mammal species – including cheetah, giraffe, hippo, hyena, impala, eland, zebra and the majestic kudu.
- Less than an hour away, the majestic Drakensberg mountain range is a World Heritage Site brimming with extraordinary beauty and exciting activities.